Happy Birthday Robbie!!
Rob’s birthday always falls right around Father’s Day which is a bit of a gyp for him I think:((
Because I want to make sure we really celebrate the birthday of this amazing man – celebrate how lucky we are that he is alive and that we have him and celebrate all the wonderful things that make him so special.
AND we need to celebrate the incredible father – and step father – that he is too.
But, today is his BIRTHDAY!!!!
Here are the top “42” reasons I love this man:
1. He takes the garbage out (the main reason I married him)
2. He is so super duper handsome. I mean look at this guy:
3. He is a great listener (he can actually retell me what I have said…)
4. He can be ridiculously silly
5. He is totally honest
6. He is so calm and calming
7. When I go crazy, he just loves me more and makes me laugh (trust me, I’m always in
awe of how he can do this. I would hate me)
8. He is just so willing to do nice things and be nice – the answer is always “Sure, no
problem” for pretty much anything and everything
9. He is hilarious. We are constantly laughing with him and at him.
10. He is a fact factory. Even though Zach informs him that he (Zach) will be smarter than
him (Rob)one day because he listens to everything Rob says and tries to learn more too. But Rob keeps learning more too…
11. He is super intelligent – pretty much knows everything about everything
12. He is very romantic (sorry, I know the kids hating hearing stuff like this…)
13. He is always up for playing with the kids whether it be soccer, hockey, tennis or video
games. Heck, our neighbor kids come and ask him if he’d play some street hockey even when our kids aren’t home!
14. He is amazingly creative and artistic and poetic — and is not afraid to show that side of him (hence the romantic in him…)
15. He is a bit obsessed with his car – so he has flaws too – which is nice. But his car is flawless. And he takes pretty good care of my car.
16. He is so respectful to everyone
17. He does a kick butt job cleaning up the kitchen.
18. He knows how the vacuum works – not me. And he gardens. Not me.
19. He is pretty handy around the house. We count on him to fix everything.
20. We count on him to be the tutor in every subject and
do help with the kid’s school projects
21. He never criticizes
22. When I do get mad at him he usually just calmly says “Remember who your enemies are – I’m not one of them” which just reminds me that whatever he “did”, he is such a great man that it’s not worth getting mad at him for…(then I feel bad—so unfair)
23. But when he does get mad, his eyes turn this steely grey and his nostrils flare and it makes me laugh
24. He LOVES music and introduces us to all sorts of new music
25. He is a man of great faith and spirituality and keeps us all in line
26. His number one priority is always his family. ALWAYS.
27. He rarely misses anything for the kids – they know he is always there for them
28. He is completely trustworthy and transparent
29. He is not a complainer – about anything really
30. He can dress himself – well. Dang, he looks so good:)
31. He is always willing to say sorry and be wrong and accept responsibility
32. He has great calves and can run fast, and ski like a pro – and teach us all how to ski!!
33. He is very generous – will always share and even leave you the last bite or the bigger piece
34. He loves to travel and support my travel addiction. He is the BEST travel partner too!
35. He loves food
36. He is so humble
37. He’s super sexy (sorry kids)
38. He has the best laugh (and smile, and eyes)
39. He is a good son and son-in-law
40. He is soooooo patient (I think this is his annoyed, but patient look at me:))
41. He is hardworking and very persistent
42. He is the best husband, father, and man. Period.
I actually could keep going on and on. The thing is – it’s not just me who thinks these things either! All the kids agree with me (minus the romantic and sexy business). Even my ex-husband agrees with me (totally minus the romantic and sexy business too)….
Happy Birthday to one GOOD man. You really are the cheese in my macaroni and the flip in my flop.